This is just to keep everyone informed on how Elaine (mom, grandma, auntie, etc...) is doing!
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Christmas newsletter!
Well, this is my Christmas Newletter. I usually try to write to each person, but my excuse is I am getting old. It works alot.
I hope this letter finds you all in good health and happy. Myself, I have had quite the year. Lots of ups and downs. The second half of the year has not been good for my health. I had to have surgery to have a fistula put into my arm to prepare me for Kidney Dialysis. I am not sure when it will start. I've been in the hospital quite a bit with pneumonia, dehydration, bad medication reactions, and an irregular heartbeat. Right now I am retaining water and look like a water balloon. I think it is slowly coming off. I am just sick of being sick. My girls have been wonderful to me. Lois and her family moved back to Kingston to the old homestead from Yakima several months ago and I love having her near.
I lost several dear friends this year. I guess that is the price of getting old. I miss them very much.
On a lighter note I moved in April to Poulsbo to a senior apartment building. I love it here. I have a beautiful view of the mountains, it is a safe and secure building and the people are so nice here.
I've had some visitors this year. My niece June came out from South Dakota. Nephew Larry brought her over and we had a nice visit. Then her mother (my sister, Lorraine) came for a week with her grand daughter, Lindsey. She is a very nice girl. It was a precious and sweet time with my sister. We started out with an annual picnic at Bob and Linda's with the DeLay side of the family. Lanny and Joyce took me again this year and we brought Lorraine back to my place. It was a very nice time with good food. Besides the DeLays, Rick and Connie, and Don, Lois and Denise came to the potluck! Lorraine's grandson, Landon and his wife Erica, drove up from Portland for the day. Sweet couple. Most of Lorraine's visit we stayed in my apartment all week and ate, napped and played cards. Joyce and Lindsey played with us too. When it was time for them to leave, Larry took us all out to a nice lunch.
Mother's Day was nice... I had dinner at Joyce and Lanny's with them and grandson Kevon and wife Meghan.
Another grandson came to visit me twice this year from North Carolina. He is my great-grandson Justin with his bride Denika! Our marine just finished active duty in Iraq and Afghanistan. We are proud of him and very happy the good Lord brought him back safely. They are going to be having my first great-great grandchild in the Spring! I am so happy for them. They will have a beautiful baby.
I went and saw great grandson, Andrew, get baptized. That was really nice. We went to Dairy Queen after the baptism.
Vicky and Rita came over a couple times and took me to the casino for a meal and a bit of gambling. I didn't strike it rich yet.
The kids had a nice birthday party at my place for me. We started out having it downstairs in the garden but as soon as we opened the food the yellow jackets arrived. We quickly moved it up to the sun room (right next to my apartment). It was so hot in there but the Dairy Queen cake was sure good.
Lanny, Joyce and Lois came and watched the July 3rd fireworks with me from my apartment. It was so beautiful and such a great view. Didn't even have to leave my home!
We had a wonderful time at Libby's cookie and ornament exchange. It is just for girls and we had a nice brunch and exchange. It is something we look forward to every year. The plan is to spend Christmas at Don and Lois's. It will be so nice. Don has got the yard looking so nice. Dad would be proud of him.
Well, that is my year or as near as I remember. Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2011.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for stopping in.... leave a hello for me!
It is fun to get messages! Just click on the comments at the end of my post and Joyce will call and read it to me! Thanks!
Contact Information:
Elaine Langager
19225 4th Ave NE #203
Poulsbo, WA 98370
360-394-2080
19225 4th Ave NE #203
Poulsbo, WA 98370
360-394-2080

8 comments:
We joke dad is channeling grandpa!! We know how pleased he would be to see the homeplace looking so nice.Keevin and Libby fixed up the trailer as well as could be expected for such an aged trailer and dad will have the yard looking like a park.This'll be blackberry central in summer now that he's got them trimmed and clear of old growth.I can't wait for you all to ee the place then.You will love it grandma.Luv you!!
Lots of love to you, Aunt Elaine! And a very Merry Christmas!
xoxoxo-Amy
Good morning mom, it was so nice to read your letter, many happy memories. Vicky and I will be over during the Christmas break. We are hoping you will be able to get out and go get RICH, If you know what I mean. Love to you and all your helpers. See you soon. Love Rita
Ms Elaine!
I sure loved reading your Christmas letter that Joyce shared with me. She is sooo lucky to have such a wonderful mother! I hope you have the best Christmas ever and may your New Year bring you better health!
Love
Addie Rogan
Love you mom glad to be back on this side of the mountain.to be with you and my sisters Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthier new year hugs and kisses from daughter number one
I read up on you every day over @ Joyce's blog!!! I'll be following along on yours now! Sending you lots of prayers...Merry Christmas!
HI dee ho, Elaine!
Hope you are all better for the Christmas week.
Kathy and I are going to have the famdamily over for the holidays: Jackie, Tej, Shah, Raj, Maddie Jo, Lindsey, and that's about it. No wait, we need someone to cook...LORRAINE! We will bring Lorraine, too :-) (Of course)
I would tell you what our year was like, but you probably already received Kathy's Christmas missive. She always beats me to the mark.
Love You Dearly Aunt Elaine!
Brian O.
Merry Christmas to you! I pray for you daily and know all about your health, your move to your wonderful new home and much of your day-to-day happenings:) You see, I follow Joyce's blog and keep up with how you are doing, her concern for your health and prayers asked and answered for you!
I enjoy seeing your view from your new home and pictures of your sweet smile!
I pray God's richest blessings on you TODAY, TOMORROW and ALWAYS!
Love you,
Joyce's Georgia Friend, Theresa
Post a Comment