

I'm getting ready to welcome Doug & Betty. They are leaving the 6th of this month and arriving the 9th...in a week. I'm looking forward to seeing them.
I went to Kevon and Meghan's reception. Had a real nice time.
Our church had a 35th anniversary and had a potluck and shared. That was interesting. Not too many old timers still hanging around.
Been going through things...trying to de-clutter. Don't want anyone to think I save everything....even though I do. Don't want them to know.
My cat, Nosie Rosie, is not with me anymore. I left her out one night and I think she may have gotten in trouble with an animal. I hope she found another home but I don't believe it. I got another one but it only stayed under the bed. Not much companionship since I couldn't fit under the bed and she wouldn't come out. So I had to return her to the owners. I think they were glad to get her back. I don't think I'll have another pet for awhile. It's too hard. Maybe I just don't have it.
We're getting together on the 15th for a family dinner at Joyce's. I hope we can all get together.
The year is going by awful fast. I'm not getting any younger....but...
I surprised myself by hitting 81 years old in September. The girls took me to Red Robin to celebrate where they sang to me. But they had to sing to me twice because I was in the bathroom the first time. I'll never forget that.
David is back on this side of the mountain and doing quite well. He comes over quite a bit to see me and he also gets to see his girls a lot.
Justin is back from Iraq. Him and his bride Denika came to see me with Rita and Vicky. She is going to be a flight attendant and is studying for that. He is waiting for his next assignment. They are SO in love. Oh my, nice to be young.
I want to thank everyone for all the prayers, love and cards over the loss of grandson Donny. The shock was unbelievable. But he will always be with us in memory... that can't be taken away. Please continue to pray for strength for all of us that morn him, especially Lois, Don and Denise. When something like this happens... I don't know what I would do without the Lord and my family. What a blessing.
Til next time....see you later!
1 comment:
Hi Elaine!!
Greetings from South Dakota up here in the hills west of Peever!!
My prayers were with you, Lois & family on the loss of their son & brother. It's so sad.
We have a potluck supper at church tonight & then going to trim Christmas tree. Will be weird to go to Thanksgiving Service & look at Christmas tree!!
Lorraine has been going to church pretty regular. Gets upset & says she's not going again but then does, thank goodness. Friends in Peever are good to take her to appts etc.
It's windy & getting colder in our area & the sloughs are icing up so full fledged winter not far off.
Have a blessed Thanksgiving to you & all your "kids"!
Phyllis & Roger
Post a Comment